Hey, so this pretty cool thing happened! A fellow blogger nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is a neat way for not-that-well-known-blogs to get more traffic. My nomination came from The Grange Range. Go check out her blog! She has amazing detailed tutorials for different crochet things with tons of pictures (which I desperately need!) The yarn colors she uses are absolutely sumptuous and she comes up with surprising color combinations that you want to try to recreate right away. She definitely deserves this award, and I am so thankful that she passed it along to me.
The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look and try to help spread the word. The Nominee role (me in this case) is to list 11 random facts about themselves, and answer the 11 questions set by the person who sponsored them to give an insight into the personality behind the blog pages.
Then I nominate 11 fellow bloggers, who should bask in the Liebster glow – which means doing the same as I am doing here! ie, my nominee’s post a blog linking back here to I create stuff sometimes with answers to my 11 questions and nominate 11 new bloggers (and think of 11 questions to ask them – can be anything!). Off we go then…
It’s taken me a really long time to be able get this post going because, to be honest, I’m embarrassed to say I don’t have 11 people that I follow with less than 200 followers. So for now, I’ll nominate the few I follow that qualify and vow to start doing more exploring and find other small blogs and give them shout outs as much as possible. Let’s face it, one of the coolest things about blogging is the sense of community and support that you can get from it. I’ve attempted to link to other blogs I absolutely love, but I haven’t really been going out of my way to find new ones, and because of this, I’ve kind of failed on upholding my part of the bargain. NO MORE!
- Dollar Dress Friday So this crazy lady (who I personally know and greatly admire) decided that she was going to make a dress a week for A YEAR. She totally succeeded, with a few bumps along the way, which is so incredibly impressive. And if that challenge to herself wasn’t absolutely insane enough, she also limited herself to only spending one dollar per dress. Great blog to look through for sewing inspiration, and she has a super cute style.
- Simple Life Mom A couple of weeks ago, I happily stumbled upon this blog. I love her focus on trying to cut out toxicity in life by making her own beauty and cleaning products. She even has tips on how to make your own makeup!
- Crochet Missy Like The Grange Range, this is another crochet-focused blog. There a lot of cute small crochet projects to be found there and some great crochet stitch experiments.
- Ideal Housewife I’m not going to lie. I would love to say I follow this blog for the sewing or the crafting, but it’s totally for the food. Although the recipes aren’t all vegetarian, I find enough things that are, or that I can easily tweak, that this blog is totally worth following for me. I’m getting super hungry just thinking back on some of these recipes (Indian Cauliflower anyone?)
And for my awesome nominations, my questions to you:
- What do you do when you’re feeling blocked (writer’s block, crafter’s block, blogger’s block, etc)?
- Describe your perfect dream job, and what a typical day in that job would consist of.
- What made you want to start a blog?
- You’ve spent all day running around doing chores and you finally have everything done and the house to yourself. What do you do?
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Or if you don’t like/eat ice cream, favorite dessert?
- If you could only have and read one book for the rest of your life, what book would it be and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Favorite TV show?
- You’ve been offered a free class at the local university, what class would you take?
- You favorite thing about yourself?
- Most inspirational person in your life?
My nominees questions to me:
- Name the title of the last book you have read. The last book I finished was Angelfall, which was a re-read. It’s a YA title set in a post-apocalyptic future where angels have taken over Earth. It wasn’t so well known when I found it originally, and I was able to download it from the Kindle Store for 99 cents. Looks like it’s gaining some recognition and is a little bit more now (still cheap at $3.51). Although there are plenty of cliches and the writing gets a B- from me, the story line is fantastic and feels like a totally new ride. It’s somewhat reminiscent of the Hunger Games, and I think fans of that series will really enjoy Angelfall.
- What was the first thing you ever crocheted, knitted, or crafted? Does anyone actually make something the first time they try a new craft? I usually just sit there practicing stitches forever before I make something. As far as crafting goes, I’ve always really liked making things. I do remember getting a present from one of my half-sisters one year though, that was a whole bunch of different little crafts to do each month. I vaguely remember the snowmen and turkeys, and it was one of the coolest presents ever. All the craft pieces were in their own bags with the instructions. Needless to say, it did not last 12 months. I made the crap out of that stuff!
- What is your favorite type of food? This one is easy! Thai Pinapple Curry. I could BATHE in it.
- Who is your favorite band/singer? I really like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, they’re something like a phenomenon .
- Tell of your fondest memory? I love all of the mundane moments that become incredibly intimate and special with the important people in your life. Taking walks with friends or family and having in depth conversations about mostly meaningless topics, but just feeling that closeness and appreciation for each other.
- What makes you laugh? Most things. I especially love things a bit quirky and unexpected.
- What makes you sad? Being unable to help people, the inability of some people realize they are being cruel.
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? That’s a toughy. I honestly don’t have an answer. I want to hear from the women that don’t get mentioned, but played huge parts in the background.
- What is your favorite colour? Depends on my mood. Teal blue usually.
- If you could live in another country which would you choose and why? Norway? Apparently it is the happiest country.
- Do you prefer beach or snow holidays. Beach. I like being lazy and just laying in the sun (with tons of sunscreen) and drinking beer. If you’re going on a snow holiday, you have to actually do stuff.